[ExI] punishment

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:56:53 UTC 2009

2009/3/26 Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com>:
> I am cautiously considering the idea that *a very humane type of euthanasia*
> OR
> * offering the convict an incapacitating wireheading treatment* (choice of
> the criminal)
> is preferable over life imprisonment.

Something that has always surprised me is that no legal systems I know
of which still provide for capital punishment considers the
optionality of the execution as an alternative to abolition.

In turn, I wonder why somebody with a life, as opposed to death,
sentence, should be actively prevented from suicide, to an extent that
has no equivalent for ordinary citizens, as if death were "too easy an
escape" (a bizarre idea in particular for legal systems where worse,
not lesser, crimes are punished with death), let alone the choice to
go instead for a letal injection administered by the prison system.

--
Stefano Vaj