[ExI] Worshiping that Divine Blowhard.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 07:49:40 UTC 2009

At 03:22 AM 3/31/2009 -0400, John K Clark wrote:

>the truth could
>still be ferreted out with the Turing test.

I think the chance of any plants passing the Turing test is fairly remote.

>But that fact (and I insist it
>is a FACT) is just shrugged off even by members of this list who claim to
>worship nothing but logic. Nobody can dispute this FACT, at least nobody has
>in the last decade, it's just shrugged off.

I'm lost. What is this argument that few here recognize as valid?
That a machine can emulate a conscious entity without detection by
humans? Maybe that will be demonstrated one day, but since it hasn't
happened yet it can hardly be a FACT, just a PLAUSIBLE PROJECTION.

Damien Broderick