[ExI] Worshiping that Divine Blowhard.

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 31 08:41:30 UTC 2009

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> What is this argument that few here recognize as valid?

Everyone here agrees that Darwin was right, but nearly everybody here also
thinks inelegant behavior can tell us nothing about consciousness. Evolution
can't see consciousness, it doesn't give a rat's ass about it, it's only
interested in behavior; and yet here we are (or rather here I am) conscious
beings. Something does not compute.

This FACT is never ever addressed by those who insist that consciousness is
something infinitely mysterious, something that can never be explained and
for some strange reason is just tacked onto biological intelligence that a
machine could never hope to emulate. And remember, these people say they
scrupulously believe in Evolution.

That position is controdictonary; no, to hell with politeness. That is
fucking stupid!

 John K Clark