[ExI] libertarians and inheritance

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 13:39:18 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 5/4/09, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Dan" <dan_ust at yahoo.com>
>> My point was not meant to insult you; didn't mean for
>> you to take this
>> personally. I certainly don't mean for you to get
>> upset.
>
> OK maybe I overreacted, it's just that I get defensive
> whenever anybody
> claims they are a better liberation that me;

That was not my statement.  My statement was and remains that you're _not_ a libertarian.*  That is not meant as an insult either.  It's meant as an observation -- and it's backed by your statements and the reasoning I presented earlier.

> because the
> fact of the matter
> is it can't be denied that MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!

That's an empirical claim and that can be easily settled.  :)

> Sorry sorry, ignore that last, I overreacted yet again.

Regards,

Dan

*  Sure, you might be sympathetic to libertarian views and, on occasion apply libertarian principles in your life and thinking.  You might also even be very good at drawing conclusions from these principles -- much as, I pointed out yesterday, an atheist can draw conclusions from theological principles she believes are partly or completely false.  Again, no insult intended.  The ability to draw conclusions about some point of view does not mean one is an adherent of that point of view.