[ExI] libertarians and inheritance

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue May 5 15:21:42 UTC 2009

"Dan" <dan_ust at yahoo.com>

> My statement was and remains that you're _not_ a libertarian [.] The
> ability to draw conclusions about some point of view does not mean one is
> an adherent of that point of view.

So according to you to be a supporter of an idea a belief in good results
derived from that idea is not sufficient to become a true adherent. You
think there must be something else, something more important than the
conclusions derived from a point of view. I can't imagine what that
something else could be except faith.

I don't have faith in anything and think it's a vice not a virtue. If I come
to the conclusion that one of my ideas is not as productive as a competing
idea I have absolutely no loyalty and will switch sides in one second flat.
If somebody has a better argument than I have I will drop my old point of
view and embrace the new one as my own. I'm a libertarian but even that
doesn't get a free pass, it has to earn its way.

 John K Clark