[ExI] Silly

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed May 6 14:14:29 UTC 2009

At 05:57 AM 5/6/2009, you wrote:

>--- On Tue, 5/5/09, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> > At 06:08 AM 5/5/2009, Dan wrote:
> >> Will cryonics even work?  And even if it does, it
> >> depends on everything going right until you get
> >> revived.  If, say, the laws are changed to completely
> >> confiscated all your funds and wealth after legal death --
> >> so that other, "wiser" people (i.e., those in the political
> >> or corporate elites) decide where your wealth goes -- then
> >> you might be left to rot.
> >
> > Dan, the archives both here and Cryonet, are full of
> > discussion on this topic.
>[big snip]
>
>I wonder if you've read the posts on CryoNet by this dude:
>
>http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/findmsgs.cgi?author=daniel%20ust

Perhaps.  Those posts are ten years ago.  At that particular time I
had enough trouble I might not have been reading Cryonet.

If you are signed up and have been following the cryonics saga that
long, why the hypothetical gloom?  Alcor and CI have both faced
serious political problems and they are still in business.

It's not like they have to stay in business that long.  Way things
are going I suspect most of those signed up today will not need to be frozen.

Keith