[ExI] Blogging platforms

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Thu May 7 21:01:46 UTC 2009

Youtube (run by Google) has begun removing entire channels
(some with thousands of videos) objected to by the ADL and/or
SPLC, i.e., 9/11-truth, anti-war, and anti-NWO material.
Blogger is starting to censor entire blogs either on the same
basis or on objections from fundamentalist "christians".
The corporations running these sites have little respect for
fairness, justice, or freedom of speech.

The best thing to do is to get your own domain ($15/yr) and have
it hosted by a web-hosting company ($10/month).  You can run a
free blogging program (in perl, python, or ruby) on the server
and create a blog under your control that way.  Retain the text,
pictures, etc., for each entry on your own computer.  Keep
backups in secure locations.  If the web-hosting company takes
your website down, you can get it hosted elsewhere (currently
Russia, Sweden, and the Netherlands are said to be free of
censorship) and reload it with the files from your computer.