[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat May 9 07:18:42 UTC 2009

2009/5/8 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 08/05/2009 5.11, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>
>> Exactly, and that's the problem with rich people. You work hard as a
>> beekeper, they keep the profits, doing less work themselves per dollar
>> "earned" than welfare recipients, and having much less need for it.
>
> I don't understand how Obama, in his misspent youth, could be called "rich".
> I know, due to my job, a few people that are poor and on welfare.
> Usually their attitude is that we owe them what they want.

I was referring to spike working for low pay, not Obama. I don't
understand how one could begrudge an unemployed person a subsistence
level of income but think it's OK for other people, rich people, to
"earn" more for doing less. The capitalist who makes profits in his
sleep takes the money from the people who actually do the work just as
surely as the unemployed person getting the dole does. There might be
a practical argument for allowing the capitalist to make huge profits,
since otherwise many useful enterprises would never get underway, but
this does not amount to a *moral* argument. Perhaps it's because some
rich people are secretly ashamed of how they acquired their wealth
that they have to keep reassuring themselves that they "worked" for it
and put down those they accuse of not working for it.

--
Stathis Papaioannou