[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat May 9 12:11:44 UTC 2009

2009/5/9 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:

> The capitalist risk his/her capital and defer consumption of his/her capital
> because he/she invest the capital in some enterprise.
> When I invest money in a company I could sleep and gain or I could sleep and
> lose.
>
> The unemployed on the dole can only gain from the dole as he did not invest
> and risk nothing.

Then the capitalist is lucky, or even smart, but not necessarily hard
working. The argument was that the unemployed person is lazy and takes
from those who work.

>> There might be
>> a practical argument for allowing the capitalist to make huge profits,
>> since otherwise many useful enterprises would never get underway, but
>> this does not amount to a *moral* argument.
>
> The moral argument is written upon.
> The capitalist risk his wealth and defer his consumption, so he have the
> right to earn whatever his enterprise let him earn, and keep it.

So you say, but it's a made-up justification. It's like a law saying
that if you lose some money and I find it, I get to keep it. But it
wouldn't make it morally right just because that's the law, even if
there is some practical justification for the law.

--
Stathis Papaioannou