[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Sun May 10 16:47:35 UTC 2009

Il 09/05/2009 14.11, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/5/9 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>
>> The capitalist risk his/her capital and defer consumption of his/her capital
>> because he/she invest the capital in some enterprise.
>> When I invest money in a company I could sleep and gain or I could sleep and
>> lose.
>>
>> The unemployed on the dole can only gain from the dole as he did not invest
>> and risk nothing.

> Then the capitalist is lucky, or even smart, but not necessarily hard
> working.
> The argument was that the unemployed person is lazy and takes
> from those who work.

I don't know if people on dole are "lazy" or not. I know that they could
decide to refuse a job if they are sure the dole will not disappear.
Often, this decision would be the best option available.

I don't know what are "hard working" or "lazy" in this discussion.
Are you arguing that only people sweating are hard working people?
Are you arguing that only people doing physical jobs are working?

The capitalist job is to use his capital (and the capital other entrust
to him) to produce useful goods and services. Useful is determined when
people pay for them freely. In this act, all capitalists are speculation
on the future. They produce stuff or services that they hope to sell in
the future for a profit. The job of the capitalist is to take the burden
of the risk of the enterprise.

Do you think this is something not needed?

Mirco