[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 9 16:23:10 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou
> Subject: Re: [ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda,was:
> retrainability of plebeians
> >
> > I don't understand how Obama, in his misspent youth, could
> be called "rich".
> > I know, due to my job, a few people that are poor and on welfare.
> > Usually their attitude is that we owe them what they want.
>
> I was referring to spike working for low pay, not Obama. I
> don't understand how one could begrudge an unemployed person
> a subsistence level of income but think it's OK for other
> people, rich people, to "earn" more for doing less. The
> capitalist who makes profits in his sleep takes the money
> from the people who actually do the work just as surely as
> the unemployed person getting the dole does...
> --
> Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis, the key to understanding the above statement is in the phrase "the
money" as in "...takes THE money from the people..."  A capitalist creates
wealth by investment, so it makes more money.  The beekeeper puts down his
own money to invest in hives, the bees create honey, which is wealth, then
the capitalist hires indolent youths (such as me) and others to work for pay
which they otherwise would not have had.  The capitalist doesn't take THE
money, she creates wealth which would not otherwise exist, and partners with
labor, so that they earn some of the created wealth.  Everyone wins.  Cool!

My heartburn with Obama is that he never had that experience, he didn't do
grinding labor for a pittance, didn't risk his own capital to start or run a
business.  His professional experience is in suing businesses for a ton of
money.  This would cause him to see business as prey, as opposed to partners
with goverment in wealth creation.  He is running the country like a
teenager snorting cocaine.  It sets off alarm bells in my head when he
utters comments like "We all benefit when we spread THE wealth around."  THE
wealth?  Define THE, sir.