[ExI] Throwing money at education

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue May 12 16:14:30 UTC 2009

"Damien Sullivan" <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu>

> Easy to get good results when you can
> cherry-pick.

Yes, and that's what makes cherry picking such a wonderful idea, it's easy
to do and the results are excellent! When someone graduates from high school
(at $13,330 a year) and is still reading at a second grade level it is a
legitimate question to ask what the hell has been going on for the last 10
years. I think some children should be left behind, let the bottom 10% get
on with their careers as drug addicts and petty criminals; it's where
they're
going to end up anyway regardless of how much money we throw at education.

> the cultural and background differences between the average DC family and
> the average family that can afford $13,000 a year.

Correct again and there is absolutely nothing the public schools can do
about that and it's time to stop pretending that they can.

 John K Clark