[ExI] birds again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 17 02:51:43 UTC 2009

This is an example of one of those videos that makes you glad you lived to
see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vjYTXgIJw

Applications to ant observations: apparently the technology exists to do
what I was hoping to do, which is magnify and slow the action so that we can
really see what the heck it is that the ants are doing.  Currently they are
too fast and too small to know for sure.  I don't know how much the camera
equipment costs.  This is a perfect example of a new technology that will
enable a bunch of amateur scientists to make a original contributions to the
field.  Humans have been watching beasts since forever, but ants and smaller
beasts are difficult to observe.  New cameras might enable it.