[ExI] why darwin matters

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:11:40 UTC 2009

2009/5/17 Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com>:
> On Friday 15 May 2009 4:35:26 pm spike wrote:
>> Aaaah, life is good.  Are we glad we lived long enough to enjoy YouTube, or
>> what?  You Tube is the perhaps best argument for caloric restriction.
>
> You mean because we don't want to look like those fat slobs we see on YouTube?
>
> Seriously, YouTube is fun.  But does it add more hours of entertainment than
> it wastes with unentertaining videos?  Maybe we should keep score on stuff like
> this to make sure we come out ahead.

I'm with Spike, youtube is amazing. Not because of the endless sea of
crap, but because of the pearls that lie within.

http://www.shirky.com/writings/powerlaw_weblog.html

It is common to criticize internet based social environments because
of the high level of crap they contain, but that's wrong. Every such
environment is a meritocratic contest over some domain, and the
winners are truly extraordinary.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related