[ExI] META: Off-topic discussions

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun May 17 16:24:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Harvey Newstrom
<mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> I wonder this myself every time this topic cycles around on this list.  There
> is obviously some connection to transhumanism in some people's minds, based on
> the frequency of its appearance here.

Basically, *everything* IMHO is potentially connected to transhumanism
one way or another, but my point is that very often we discuss various
subjects here, be it in interesting and pleasant ways, without
connecting them to transhumanism or extropy at all... :-)

Let us say that I like Beethoven music (as in fact I do, btw).
Shouldn't I make an effort to clarify why I decided to raise a
discussion thereupon *in this list*, if I choose to do so, or what its
(alleged) relevance to the list topics might be?

--
Stefano Vaj