[ExI] jewish humor, was the anti-Jews

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:08:07 UTC 2009

On 5/17/09, spike wrote:
>  Asimov's two humor works, "Asimov's Treasury of Humor" and "Asimov Laughs
>  Again" are two of the funniest books I have ever read.  They are full of
>  excellent Jewish humor, but the interesting part is Asimov intersperses the
>  jokes with insightful commentary attempting to analyze *why* the jokes are
>  funny.  Perhaps we just share a similar sense of humor.

I thought Jewish humor defined American humor.

According to Wikipedia about 80% of professional comedians are Jewish.
Joan Rivers, Jackie Mason, and all the old vaudeville stars.

Lee will probably appreciate the logic in this joke:

Q: Is one permitted to ride in an airplane on the Sabbath?
A: Yes, as long as your seat belt remains fastened. In this case, it
is considered that you are not riding, you are wearing the plane.

BillK