[ExI] Once again: Some vitamins don't help in large doses

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:03:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Let me make an analogy.  It's like you telling me you ate food and got a stomach ache tones and me pointing out lots of people eat food and don't get stomach aches.  Well, what food did you eat?  What food did they eat?  Is there any evidence the specific food you ate gave you a stomach ache?

Yes.

In any event, as far as aggressive supplementation is concerned, I
would mantain that as long as it is reasonably believed to be safe,
and one suspects on anedoctical or personal empirical evidence that it
may do something for him or her (including as a placebo: who cares?)
it is certainly no worse than tea or mineral water, something which
also cost dollars, and which nobody thinks of objecting to.

Then, even if ten thousand double-blind tests were to tell me that
ginseng or L-carnitine or melatonin do nothing I would be really hard
pressed to believe it any more than similar tests telling me that
heroin or coffee do nothing.

--
Stefano Vaj