[ExI] Speeding up audio

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue May 19 11:05:59 UTC 2009

> On Friday, May 15, 2009 4:35 PM, spike wrote:
>> I can read a lot faster than he can talk.

Harvey says:
> I can listen faster than he can talk.  That is why I listen to podcasts and
> audio at increased speed.  My iPod can play 1.25 speed natively, but it
> takes pre-processing to get it any faster.  Quicktime can adjust the speed
> without any pre-processing.  After doing this for over a year, 1.25x speed
> is not fast enough for me now.  I can listen with Quicktime on my PC or Mac
> at 1.5, 1.75, and sometimes up to 2x speed for some slow speakers on light
> topics.

Gah!  ENVY. Serious envy.  I cannot listen to a podcast and get much of anything.
Even when I was in highschool I could not understand the lyrics to the popular
songs, had to go to the music store and look at the sheet music. Mostly it sounded
like sorta rhyming nonsense sylables.

For me, if there's not text, it's not going to happen.

No, I'm not deaf (yet, though I'm working on it in my old age) but I have great
difficulty distinguishing many sounds one from another.  All my life.  :(

Regards,
MB