[ExI] reading vs hearing

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:33:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> spike wrote:
> I listen to a fair number of books on tape
> or DVD and often have to hit rewind because
> something went by too fast. Yes, sometimes
> my mind wandered, as you say, but those
> are the uninteresting cases.

Personally, the only thing I have to say in favour of "noisy" words is
that you can drive and/or do other things engaging your eyes while
listening at them.

In any other scenario, "visual" and reading is vastly superior in
terms both of speed and of understanding, memorising, etc., at least
as far as I am concerned.

When I was younger, I kept trying listening *and* reading at the same
time, but it looks like we are not really wired for this kind of
multitasking... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj