[ExI] Speeding up audio

Wed May 20 01:07:57 UTC 2009

"MB" <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote,
> Gah!  ENVY. Serious envy.  I cannot listen to a podcast and get much of
> anything.
> Even when I was in highschool I could not understand the lyrics to the
> popular
> songs, had to go to the music store and look at the sheet music. Mostly it
> sounded
> like sorta rhyming nonsense sylables.

I have this same problem with music.  It is harder to distinguish the words
from the music.  With words only, I do better.  But I also have been working
vehicle-free in DC, using public transportation.  This has given me about an
hour a day total to listen to podcasts.  At first I missed items and had to
rewind the play.  After a while I learned to pay attention and not let my
mind wander.  I also built up my speed over time.  It wasn't as easy as
reading at first.

"Stathis Papaioannou" <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote,
> But fro me it's quite difficult and unpleasant even for a short while.
> Have you ever watched a whole movie sped up this way?

I have watched a whole movie this way, but it was a monster movie with less
amount and complexity in the speaking.  I have also watched subtitled films
this way, where I could read the text faster than the speech.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>