[ExI] Speeding up audio

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed May 20 01:50:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Stefano Vaj wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Harvey Newstrom
> <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> > Does anybody else do this as well?

Yes. Documentaries are so condensed when watched at 1.5 speed. But usually
I am content with 1.2x, just in case so I don't miss anything important.
It was interesting to watch my brain getting acustomed to higher sounds,
so finally I did not see much difference when I switched 1<->1.2<->1.3...

> >  Anybody know a pocket player that can go
> > faster than 1.25 speed natively, without pre-processing?
>
> Why, I like Playstation 3s as DVD or BD players because they allow you
> to watch movies at 1.5 speed with non-distorted audio, something which
> I do not get in my experience with either standalone players or PCs...

On Linux, I use mplayer for watching "faaast videos" (nice shortcuts for
speeding up and slowing down). I believe, the only thing that stops me
from going higher than 3x is my cpu speed (and, maybe, my brain will not
be able to catch up, I still have to test this).

Regards
Tomasz Rola