[ExI] Dancing the transhuman r-evolution

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu May 21 17:37:28 UTC 2009

The supposition that Andreadis makes, "Both [transhumanism and cyberpunk]
are deeply anhedonic, hostile to physicality and the pleasures of the body,
from enjoying wine to playing in an orchestra." is an outlandish statement,
without a question or a doubt inaccurate.

First, transhumanism has, from the get-go, been proactive and declarative
about developing, maintaining, and helping others be healthy and physically
fit.  From the get-go, transhumanism was almost too body-brain centric.
Long healthy life has been a motto.  Physical fitness and mental acuity has
been a motto.

I have the evidence to prove this.

When I read statements like Andreadis' here, I am so befuddled, that I
wonder what happened to transhumanism!  Understandably there has been much
written about whole brain emulation, noosphere ideals, etc. which is vital
to transhumanism, but the human biology has exceedingly important and
essential for transhuman and transhumanists.  Without it we could not now
evolve.

I have not read the whole article, G.  Just your post on it.  But if you
provide a url to here paper online and if it is open to commentary, I will
respond with evidence to prove the stack of literature on transhumanist
appreciation for the human body.

Natasha

Nlogo1.tif Natasha Vita-More