[ExI] The Rationality of Belief is Relative

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:58:55 UTC 2009

2009/5/23 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 22/05/2009 13.37, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>>
>> 2009/5/22 Olga Bourlin<fauxever at sprynet.com>:
>>
>>> I meant to write, as well ... how can we not know about "other worlds"
>>> when
>>> we've recently seen news reports about the Taliban, Darfur, Indonesia ...
>>
>> Why did you include Indonesia in that trio?
>
> I remember a few young Christian girls heads chopped down as they went to
> school by the adherents of a not particular religion.
> The Bali bombing, that didn't come out from the blue.
> The laws that prevent people from renouncing the not particular religion and
> adopting another religion and the subservience of the state tribunals to the
> tribunal of the not particular religion for matter of religion.
>
> Also child prostitution, but this is common in all the world.

I would have also mentioned communist-hating, American-loving,
neighbour-invading Suharto, the most corrupt leader in the history of
the world (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3567745.stm). There has
been great progress in liberalisation since he was deposed, although
unfortunately this has also coincided with the rise of a radical
Islamic minority.

--
Stathis Papaioannou