[ExI] LIT: The Medusa Complex - A Theory of Stoned Posthumanism

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri May 22 16:11:10 UTC 2009

Jef wrote:

>As for identity as a primary value of transhumanism, this is where I go my
separate way,
>seeing extropianism as *more* encompassing, increasing agency promoting
present but
>evolving values as primary, and identity as emergent.

Hi Jef,

Why do you see "*more* encompassing, increasing agency as separating" out
from other values?

Do you think that identity opposes connectivity?  Are you are looking at
this issue from "individualism" as self at center of the universe and
identity as perspectives stemming from the individual as a solo agent?

I thought I referred to as indentity as relating to the fluid, "distributed"
posthuman.

Best,
Natasha