[ExI] The Last Exorcism. Philosophies of earthly immortality

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:15:18 UTC 2009

2009/5/22 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Are you telling me that "Don't murder" and "Don't steal" you neighbours are
> wrong?

Besides the fact that such precepts are somewhat of a tautological or
empty nature (your translation is correct: not "Don't kill", but
"Don't murder", which means "Do not kill when it is legally or
ethically wrong to do so"), I assume that "100% wrong" here refers not
to prescriptive, but to prescriptive statements.

Even with the latter, I would have more than a few objections. But it
remains that the mere fact of being against what most of us may
consider as the truth is not ethically irrelevant...

--
Stefano Vaj