[ExI] The Last Exorcism. Philosophies of earthly immortality

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Fri May 22 16:41:21 UTC 2009

Il 22/05/2009 18.15, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/5/23 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>>> Religion may not be 100% bad, but it's still 100% wrong.
>> Are you telling me that "Don't murder" and "Don't steal" you neighbours are
>> wrong?

> It's like children being told they have to behave well so that Santa
> Claus will bring them a present. It's right to behave well and the
> Santa Claus belief may be helpful in producing this state of affairs,
> but this has no bearing on the question of the existence of Santa
> Claus.

The problem is that, without the believing, the utility of the belief is
null.

This is like the problem with trust:
you can not obtain the trust of people if they believe you only want
their trust. They will trust you when they will believe your actions are
motivated by anything else apart the gaining of trust.

So, anything mandated to build or support trust is often only able to
destroy trust in the long run. Look Obama and Chrysler senior creditors.

Mirco