[ExI] "meat".

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon May 25 13:55:46 UTC 2009

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> I disagree with this as a general assessment
> of >H-ists,  but I agree with Athena Andreadis
> that there's a tendency or current of hostility
> or disgust (if only in the rhetoric of terms such
> as "meat") toward the body qua body.

Damien that just isn't bright. What the hell did you expect from a list of
this sort? If everyone around here thought existing biology was just peachy
then there would be no need or desire to put that ">" symbol in front of the
"H" symbol.

And Damien I'd like you to perform a little experiment; take a stroll down
the halls of the terminal cancer ward of you local hospital and then come
back and tell me again that any dissatisfaction with the way the human body
is built and operates is a sign of a diseased mind.

> this [a certain word] will sour any discussion
> with people who don't feel that way about bodies

So be it, if they can't get over that superstition they're dead meat anyway.

 John K Clark