[ExI] "meat".

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon May 25 19:15:47 UTC 2009

""Harvey Newstrom" <mail at HarveyNewstrom.com>

> The term "meat" is a belittling term

Yes, it was meant to be belittling and is apparently exceeding its design
specifications spectacularly. It seems to have hit a nerve.

> relegating the human body to a worthless hunk of meat.

The world is awash in rapturous articles singing the wonders of the human
body and I'm fucking sick of it. A rare post pointing out that it's a shit
factory that is virtually certain to crash in less than 10 decades and is
entirely lacking in a reset or reboot button.

> those who fear uploading and wish to remain
> in their bodies are terrified when transhumanists
> refer to their bodies as "meat".

As I said before those who can't get over this irrational feeling are not
just meat they are dead meat. Is it good public relations to speak like
this? I don't know, I don't know much about PR. I do know that I receive no
pleasure in winning an argument if I have to misrepresent my views to do so.

Samantha Atkins Wrote:

> Over the top rhetorical shouting

Harvey again:

 >I'm not sure it is.

I'd write more but I'm just swamped; I've got to order a few hundred of tons
of lime for the shallow graves, gold fillings to extract from teeth, human
skin to turn into lampshades, and that new gas chamber still isn't working
quite right.

 John K Clark