[ExI] our next billion dollars

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 26 03:44:01 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Keith Henson
> Subject: Re: [ExI] our next billion dollars
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 2:37 PM,  spike wrote:
>
> > OK so let me run with this idea.  We know that there exists an
> > appalling portion of the proletariat who are convinced . . .
>
> snip
>
> 30 billion dollars is the size of the GM bailout.
>
> The numbers I get from a pro forma for a power satellite
> variation is one and a half GM bailouts worth of capital investment.
>
> Keith

Ah my optimistic good friend Keith, we cannot use the GM as an unit of
money, for the appalling truth is we are not yet finished paying for that.
The JoJeez unit sorta automatically scales for inflation.  The cost of your
proposed power satellite is now 1.5 GMb (a number which is dropping steadily
as GM demands more and more funds for its bankruptcy) or about 450 JJ.