[ExI] Myostatin-inhibitor patron

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 20:57:18 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 5/26/09, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/09, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> > On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:00 PM, BillK wrote:
> >  > If you don't have all the legally required
> animal testing licenses,
> >  > premises inspections, animal care permits,
> etc. then what you are
> >  > doing is torturing animals for a hobby.
> >

> > Bill, I tried to gracefully ignore your previous
> message. I think
> >  you're way too USA-centric. What country do you
> live in? Have you
> >  lived in all countries on all continents? Have
> you lived on all
> >  islands in the international seas? The point of
> this project having a
> >  patron is so that these arrangements can be made
> .. there is little
> >  point to going through the entire scenario
> before-hand without any
> >  reasonable expectation of interest from someone
> willing to help see it
> >  through.
> >

> Oh sorry. I was pointing out that such animal testing as a
> hobby is
> illegal in the USA and UK and probably most first world
> countries.
>
> I didn't realize you wanted to bypass all the animal
> testing
> regulations by going to a third world country. And to get
> somebody
> else to see it through and be the fall guy for any legal
> kickbacks.
>
> But what value do you think such research will have?
> 'Here, take these pills. A friend of mine fed them to some
> rabbits in
> Indonesia and they seemed to be stronger than usual'.
> Really???

What about the following scenario.  The initial work is done someplace else -- someplace with different likely easier to work within regulations.  If these tests show promise, the work is then continued in a place that _you_ currently approve of.  (Of course, this still has risks, but nothing is risk free -- as I'm sure you'd agree.)

Regards,

Dan