[ExI] Meat Hacks

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed May 27 05:06:29 UTC 2009

2009/5/27 John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>

> You should never design a system so that a small point failure can crash
> the
> entire thing; if your heart stops you're dead meat. So give each blood
> corpuscle its own mobility with a rotary engine connected up to something
> like a flagellum just like bacteria do. Then you wouldn't need a heart.
>
> John K Clark

Wouldn't they swim in random directions? But the idea is very cool. Wait,
doesn't blood also do some work with temperature stabilization, which would
require flow?

You might be able to attach a redundant heart, I don't know, in your leg?

Could you replace the plasma with some kind of oxygenated gel like we see in
The Abyss? Idk if that stuff is actually real :-)

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting