[ExI] Ayn Rand and Evolution (was What is Meant by "Slavery"?)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat May 30 23:13:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:

> Well, there is a lot more to this (I did not bring in the thread that my
> husband forwarded to me from his discussion group - it was very juicy!).  I
> am merely starting to explore this aspect as far as Rand goes.
>
> If I must venture on a personal opinion, I do not see any necessary
contradiction between objectivist ideas and evolution. Additionally, Ayn
Rand was passionate and multidisciplinary enough to put up relentless and
emphatic battles against anything she believed to have a real relevance in
respect of her worldview.

But not being an objectivist myself, and being far from a scholar of Rand's
thought, I am probably not really qualified to say a final word on the
subject.

--
Stefano Vaj