[ExI] future fizzle

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:44:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I am saying here is that as a quickly googleing easily shows,
> both NASA and other space agencies *all* declare manned Mars
> expeditions being amongst their goals.

Goal? Yes. Currently planned? I don't think so. A quick google and
visit to nasa.gov reveals little about plans for a manned Mars
mission. Sure, it's a long term goal, but I think such a mission would
be premature until we've got a permanent Lunar colony and we've done
most of what can be done remotely with robotic missions.

>>> And... accomplish what?
>>
>> Um, exploring Mars?
>
> To what purpose?

To what purpose is a manned mission?