[ExI] Iran's plan for their gay population

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:35:05 UTC 2009

2009/6/1 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

> I haven't heard of anything like the Heavenly Heat or Genetalia Gumshoes in
> the west since the Spanish Inquisition.  It has been a couple hundred years
> since Napoleon brought that to an end.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/sex14.htm

(The situation has only changed since a 2003 US Supreme Court
decision, long after Napoleon.)

"Sodomy remains illegal in Maryland, Virginia and 22 other states, and
while critics of sodomy laws say they are used largely to discriminate
against gay men and lesbians, most of those laws also apply to
heterosexuals.

James Moseley thought sodomy laws applied only to homosexuals.  Charged
with sexually assaulting his estranged wife, the Georgia carpenter
testified at his trial that she willingly had oral sex with him.

The jury acquitted Moseley of rape, but found him guilty of consensual
sodomy.  He was sentenced to five years in prison and served 18 months
before being freed in August 1989.

"I had no idea that I was incriminating myself," said Moseley, now 38.

Although sodomy prosecutions are rare, they do occur, against both
homosexuals and heterosexuals.  In North Caroline, a heterosexual man
was sentenced to 10 years in prison and served two for having oral sex
with a woman in 1988.  A Maryland man was sentenced to 18 months'
probation for heterosexual sodomy in 1986.  And in 1988, a female Marine
corporal was imprisoned for six months at Quantico Marine Corps Base for
having oral sex with a woman."

--
Stathis Papaioannou