[ExI] health care individual mandate

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:17:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>.. the real question to me is
> whether the US government has the authority to make its
> citizens buy it.

C'mon, spike, the "authority"?  It can pass all manner of laws,
compel you to pay taxes, conscript you into the death machine, and
imprison you if you resist.  Forcing you to buy health insurance is
small potatoes by comparison.

>  I look at the constitution,

That rag?  Puleese!  Just for show.

> I don't see that the government has that
> authority.

It's not about authority, it's about power.  Without accountabilty,
authority is irrelevant.

>  If it did, it could instantly solve the persistent social
> problem of homelessness.

Homeless people don't make campaign contributions.

>  It could simply pass a law that requires every
> person to buy a house.

Sorta like what we've just been through?  How's that workin' out for you?

Best, Jeff Davis (still Mr. Smart Ass)