[ExI] wicked cool! 3d mandelbrot fractals

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Nov 20 20:23:59 UTC 2009

On Behalf Of John Clark
	Subject: Re: [ExI] wicked cool! 3d mandelbrot fractals

	On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:45 AM, spike wrote:

		 http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html

	Years ago I played around with the old DOS based Fractint program
but I see they've come a long way. I've forgotten how much I love fractals,
it's amazing that such beautiful complexity could be generated with such
simplicity! Thanks Spike.

	 John K Clark

Me too John!  Back in the early 80s when fractals were just showing up I
thought they were beyond cool.  Then about summer of 85 Scientific American
ran a great article on how to generate them, and I fooled with it on my
little desktop Mac with its 8MHz 68000 processor.  Hard to believe thats
been nearly a quarter century ago.  The images are burned into my retinas to
this day.

These 3D images look so biological!  {8-]