[ExI] ARPA-E-Announcement

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed Sep 2 00:28:17 UTC 2009

A friend sent me this.  The DOE people need to be educated, given the
losers they funded on the last round.  I don't know if it is
possible, but they are asking for input.  Keith

 >>> ARPA-E-Announcement <ARPA-E-Announcement at HQ.DOE.GOV> 31-Aug-09 2:29 PM >>>

Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy Techline

ARPA-E Requests Input on Future Funding Opportunities

Washington, DC, August 31, 2009 - The Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Energy (ARPA-E) announced today a formal Request for Information (RFI)
for future funding opportunities. The RFI requests public input on
potential ARPA-E programmatic areas and opportunities to overcome
technological roadblocks to the development of transformational
technologies relevant to the ARPA-E mission.  The information collected
through this process will assist ARPA-E in developing new programs and
funding opportunities.

ARPA-E's first Funding Opportunity Announcement, released on April 27,
2009, and solicited a broad range of ideas for transformational energy
technology development.  With this RFI, ARPA-E is now reaching out to
the public for input on specific programmatic energy technology areas
that may be well-suited to provide transformational impacts on ARPA-E's
mission areas of reducing foreign energy imports; decreasing energy
related emissions, including those of greenhouse gases; increasing
energy efficiency across the U.S. economy, and ensuring that the U.S.
maintains a technological lead in developing and deploying advanced
energy technologies.

the RFI, please visit http://arpa-e.energy.gov/PI.html

For more information about ARPA-E, please visit
http://arpa-e.energy.gov/ <http://arpa-e.energy.gov/>