[ExI] Those magnificent environmentalists (was: Test)

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 19 16:59:06 UTC 2009

On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:53 AM, spike wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with the server John.  We just are
> simultaneously
> finding nothing to ramble on about. Everyone do stop all this not
> rambling on, forthwith please.

Ok Spike, I found something to ramble about, I read that a company,
BrightSource Energy, has just canceled a 500 megawatt solar generator
project in the California desert because of intense pressure from
those all so wise and moral environmentalists. They go on and on about
the evils of global warming caused by greenhouse gasses and this
project created none of them, but they opposed it. Solar farms need
sunny land, the California desert is sunny and has the thinest most
simple ecosystem of anyplace in the USA (except perhaps northern
Alaska) but still those very noble environmentalists opposed it.

You can't drill for oil because you just can't, you can't build a dam
because it might cause a snail nobody ever heard of to become extinct,
you can't put up windmills because they're ugly and noisy and might
kill little birdies, you can't use geothermal because it might cause
earthquakes, you can't install solar collectors because the land is
sacred to the Uga Buga Indians or some other horse-shit reason, and
you can't build nuclear reactors because you just can't, and to even
hint you want to proves you're a Fascist. Our future course of action
is clear, 6 billion people must freeze to death in the dark, it's the
only moral thing to do.

  John K Clark