[ExI] walmart again: was RE: Capitalism is like a poker game

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 17:32:03 UTC 2010

My view of Somlia is a bit different than yours. Under Siad Barre, Somalia had violence, famine, disease, etc. The stateless situation that followed this was likely, for many of the government actual and likely future victims, better.

That said, though, I don't want to paint Somalia as the ideal situation. I think, instead, you're looking at a nation in the worst possible shape -- partly if not mostly because of its government -- that went stateless. A far better example would be the Old West in the US (before the federal government stepped in and decided to exterminate the indigenous peoples) or various other stateless conditions in Europe during the Middle Ages. (Again, one would have to do comparisons not between modern advanced civilized nations, but between these stateless societies and their neighbors.)

Regards,

Dan