[ExI] Religions and violence.

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Aug 3 22:22:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Damien Broderick wrote:

> On 8/3/2010 3:51 PM, Tomasz Rola wrote:
>
> > He sure can take care of himself, with 50% probability. So, no need to
> > make noise about all this.
>
> I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Who is "he"? Some god or
> other? John Clark?
>
> If you mean a supposed god, your reply is very feeble. That would be
> disappointing, since most of your other posts have been intelligent although
> deliberately provocative (but there's nothing wrong with that).

Yes, I mean God. Actually to be sex neutral I should probably say It, not
He or She. Anyway, I have written about my views on God's existence first
to make some mental exchange with Mr Clark. Failing to explain what I
wanted to say, I tried twice to explain again and it seems I failed twice.

IMHO I did my best, so there is no point really to push it any farther. In
my country they say, "try three times" (very loose translation). I think
this folk wisdom was obviously based on something that had been lost
during eons but the saying summed this up and was saved from oblivion.

No bad feelings about it. Seems like I wasn't up to it.

FYI, while some claim to have jumped over Allah, Yehova, Zeus, Thor and
other buddies living in baobab (I can easily believe this, having done my
jumps long ago), they have yet to jump over what I meant. It could be
truly interesting spectacle, if for example we are pure simulation, to see
how high one can jump and still not touch the ceiling. So I consider
proofs based on our knowledge to be lacking a bit. This knowledge is from
our side of the ceiling.

This wasn't fourth time, I hope. Just a few reflections.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola