[ExI] will raise bugs for food

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 5 19:12:36 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

http://www.borislavdopudja.net/en/writings/ticks/

Cool article, thanks MB!

>> Hmmm, disagree.  Ticks do not have shells, but you might be right that the mosquito
>> cannot penetrate whatever it is the ticks do have.

>Ticks have an exoskeleton.  Chitin. Hard.

I do stand corrected on that.  The article claims ticks have shells, and the rest of the stuff sounds like they know from ticks:

"...Ticks are robustly built and their shell is extremely hard. A female tick (if not enlarged as a result of feeding on the host’s blood) or a male tick is very difficult to destroy. Ticks bodies are able to withstand great pressure without any consequences and still be able to crawl away from you..."

This I can confirm by firsthand experience.  One cannot crush a tick between one's fingers, or at least I can't.  I could collect some and next ExI-schmooze we could have a tick crushing contest.

On the other hand, just the sound of that seems somehow out of character with the nature of ExI-schmooze activities, such as the now-legendary Hakosote incident at my house instigated by Eliezer, even though he was as sober as a Methodist minister when we did it.