[ExI] Islamic culture (current) was Religions and violence >

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:49:20 UTC 2010

> Like antisemitism, communism never dies, but rather only sleeps, and
> then only lightly.

I always thought that the majority of antisemitism in the middle-east came from the occupation of parts of Palestine and the six day war. But then I looked into it a bit more, and realized the hatred was there long before, and has been present in the world since hellenistic times and the byzantine empire. Jews have accused of everything throughout the ages from poising wells to sucking the blood of babies to trying to take over the world. Why? I often try to look at things through a sociological or evolutionary lens, but this particular phenomenon baffles me. Jewish culture has been particularly beneficial to the world as a whole. So why the hatred?

Darren

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-Herbert Spencer