[ExI] Have a Soylent Green Xmas!

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 04:14:22 UTC 2010

I saw Soylent Green years later on television.  The film is regularly
spoken of in the media, and so I think any lover of science fiction
cinema (even if only in their twenties) would know of it.  I miss the
smart kind of science fiction films they made  back in the seventies.
I recently saw the Robert Altman film "Quintet," but that was not near
the caliber of Soylent Green.  I would not be surprised of both films
are eventually remade by Hollywood.

*SPOILER!!!*

I remember when Charleton Heston was hosting Saturday Night-Live, and
he did a comedy skit where he keeps on running down the street saying
things like "computer paper, it's made from people..., people!!!"  And
it ends with his co-workers shrugging their shoulders at his
"revelation," which to them is old old news...

John  ; )