[ExI] The Immortality Institute is planning to change their name to "Longecity"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 14:03:27 UTC 2010

On 12 December 2010 02:26, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:

> I want to live until I don't want to live any more.

Exactly my point. In fact, I can even live with the idea that some
unexpected accident may terminate my life at any point in time (and I am not
so fond of contemporary obsession for safety). What I personally hate is the
acceptance of a more or less fixed time limit, in the fashion that
supermarket products expire no  matter how well you conserve them.

I want to finish off my to-do list. Going, doing, and learning everything
> I want will take about 3,000 years, and I expect I'll add to the list as
> more things become possible.

In principle, my immediate target would be even less ambitious, probably on
the scale of  800-1000 years. After that, I may well find new interests, or
genetically-programmed survival instincts may simply kick in, or not, but
whatever it may be it is not such a present concern for me.

For the time being, what I find of primary interest is the progressive
extension of potential lifespan (and/or the emulation of my identity on
other biological or non-biological substrates).

--
Stefano Vaj