[ExI] a good day for liberty

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 23:19:18 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2010 4:02 PM, spike wrote:

> They were granted no representation in the British
> parliament, yet were expected to pay British taxes.  They refused, imagine
> that.  We would do the same today: taxation without representation is
> tyranny, and must be opposed.

Curiously enough, I have been in that situation for the last seven
years. I pay US taxes on my earnings, but can't vote. Granted, I haven't
yet sought citizenship (just permanent residency), but still, I get no
representation and have to pay up anyway. Not complaining, you understand.

Damien Broderick