[ExI] cure for global warming is working

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Dec 21 20:13:29 UTC 2010

>...The problem I see once again with the current European cold snap is that
while the global climate may be warming, humans perceive weather...spike

On this, George Monbiot and I agree:

"Sod all that, my correspondents insist: just look out of the window. No
explanation of the numbers, no description of the North Atlantic oscillation
or the Arctic dipole, no reminder of current temperatures in other parts of
the world, can compete with the observation that there's a foot of snow
outside. We are simple, earthy creatures, governed by our senses. What we
see and taste and feel overrides analysis. The cold has reason in a deathly
grip."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/20/uk-snow-global-warming

The Gaians will never be able to sell this notion until they figure out how
to get the notion to *selllll.*  In the long run, everything really is about
sales and profits.  Harness that, you win.  Otherwise not.