[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 26 17:02:48 UTC 2010

Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> postbiology. Uploads would have to compete with other processor threads for
>> > access to IO

> Processor threads? IO? I see where your confusion lies. There's no such
> thing. That's the way people are building things. It's brittle, inefficient,
> slow, and dangerous. About to go the way of the dodo.

I consider myself a fairly advanced programmer who is comfortable
twiddling bits and finding extra machine cycles. It sounds like you're
talking about the abandonment of the Von Nemuan architecture. Has anyone
even published a paper on the architecture you seem to be alluding to?

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.