[ExI] How to Replace Uninjured Parts of the Brain

meteor girl girl.meteor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 05:42:10 UTC 2010

>> Replace with what? More brain?

Uploading of the mind to an electronic substrate is my goal.

>> At that point, though, the question becomes: what would
>> work better than what we have, yet still be compatible enough
>> for parallel implantation?

We already have electronic devices that are capable of replacing certain
parts of the brain. Researchers are asking your proposed question now.

Will someone take a guess at how one might go about replacing each
individual synapse, neuron, their neurotransmitters, etc. without losing
continuity?