[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Christopher Luebcke cluebcke at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 16:43:59 UTC 2010

Two points: First, why do you believe that thinking can be an emergent property of physical brains, but not of digital simulations of brains?

Second, your analogy is imperfect; a better comparison to the project underway would be artificial hearts, not digital simulations of hearts.

Regardless, both artificial hearts, and digital simulations of hearts, can hold the property of "beating".