[ExI] Continuity of experience

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 20:15:28 UTC 2010

 Yes they could be rejoined at a later date, to consolidate experiences back into a single body M. As per the leg.
This also throws up the question what if two uploads join to give an M^2. Then what if all humans/posthumans
become mentally joined as a hive mind? giving M^nth.
This is where it gets really interesting and the argument of M starts to become irrelevant.

For me as long as there is a continuous conscious stream, the issues of who is the real identity are moot.

It makes me wonder if we would have more respect for an entity that we know is directly related or part of
our own M, or if we would see it as a sub component and therefor of less value than a true individual?

I agree that In a way yes we all share a single M. Either seen as from a common ancestor, although this is
a genetic M not a conscious self. Or as you said if we influence someone else's life, we share part of M with
them. A kind of vicarious M where the experience and knowledge of others is assimilated into our own M.